|Tank approved, and asked for bread |
to mop it up
Ham hock - a big one is what we use (or two small)
500g split peas (I used a 7Litre pot, so use less split peas for a smaller pot!)
1/3 250g Phili Cream Cheese
Today's Optional Ingredients
Onion (really good for flavour)
handful of lentils
Other Optional Ingredients
Anything else I missed?
|Clearly one of Christian's favourites,|
he loves the meaty chucks of goodness!
Veggies only need to fit in, they don't need to be chopped up
Cover with water
* Use slow (number 1) setting if you won't be back for 8 hours or so
* Use "fast" (number 2) setting if you plan to need the soup in three to four hours
* Cook on the stove top if you need it in 2 hours.
* When you are nearly ready to eat, carefully pull out the ham hock.
* Wizz up the soup and clump of cream cheese with a stab/bar mixer (I bought mine for $20 at Big W because my expensive ones keep breaking)
* Then cut up ham hock, removing excess fat and grizzle. Put these pieces back in the wizzed up soup.
Serve with yummy, buttered, mini loaves of bread that have spent 5 minutes in the oven.